5 things you should know about telehealth for Gannon students
Telehealth for Gannon students.
Gannon University is excited to now offer TimelyCare - a new telehealth program for our Erie and Ruskin students. The service will provide access to 24/7 medical and mental virtual health care from anywhere in the United States, with no cost to visit.
Whether students are under the weather, anxious or overwhelmed, they will be able to talk to a licensed provider from a smartphone or any web-enabled device. Licensed providers are available to offer medical and mental health support via phone or secure video visits.
Here's what you everything you need to know to get started.
1. How can students access TimelyCare?
Students can go to www.timelycare.com/gannon to register with their preferred name and school email address. Students can then have visits from any web-enabled device – smartphone, laptop or desktop. TimelyCare is available from anywhere in the United States.
2. Who can use TimelyCare?
Gannon students at our Erie and Ruskin campuses.
3. What services are available?
There are seven services available:
- Medical: 24/7 on-demand access to a medical provider who can treat a wide range of common illnesses like cold and flu, sinus infection, allergies and more
- Scheduled medical: scheduled options to speak to a medical provider
- TalkNow: 24/7 on-demand access to a mental health professional to talk about anything at anytime
- Scheduled counseling: scheduled options to speak to a licensed counselor (limit to 12 visits per year)
- Health coaching: access to a nutritional specialist to help students adopt healthier lifestyle behaviors related to sleep issues, weight management and more
- Psychiatry: services provided by referral
- Group Sessions: Weekly guided meditation and yoga group sessions, plus specialized discussions throughout the year.
4. How much does a visit cost?
TimelyCare services are free to all Gannon University students on our Erie and Ruskin campuses.
5. I am a Gannon employee. How can I help educate students about TimelyCare services?
TimelyCare provides essential guidance for faculty and staff in supporting students along their medical and mental health journeys.As part of this, employees have access to resources that empower them to help students achieve a sense of wellbeing, live healthier lifestyles, and improve their mental health. Please refer to your email received on Jan. 12 for a link and more information on these resources.
TimelyCare is offered through TimelyMD, the leading telehealth company specializing in higher education.
Get started with TimelyCare today. It’s for students. For free.