4 college rankings that list Gannon University among the best
Gannon University's Golden Knight.
More than 60% of college students reported using rankings when determining what colleges they wanted to enroll in.
Why do college rankings matter?
Reliable college rankings give you information and data to help you compare colleges. Just as importantly, they give you a picture of how certain universities compare with your personal college preferences and career aspirations.
We’ll share four rankings that list Gannon University among the best colleges in the U.S.
Let’s dive right in.
Here’s a quick summary of Gannon University 2021-22 rankings:
- Gannon was ranked as a national university for the third consecutive year by the U.S. News & World Report
- Gannon’s graduate programs were ranked among the best by the U.S. News & World Report
- Gannon was named a top school in the nation by The Wall Street Journal
- Gannon received accolades in several national- and state-level categories by Niche.com
The U.S. News & World Report’s 2021 release of “America’s Best Colleges” ranked Gannon university as a national university for the third consecutive year.
U.S. News ranked Gannon 227th out of 391 national universities. The University was ranked 227th out of 389 in the previous year’s report.
The U.S. News & World Report also ranked Gannon in the following categories with new recognitions for undergraduate nursing and computer science programs.
- 129th out of 239 top colleges and universities that offer undergraduate degrees in engineering
- 192nd out of 391 colleges and universities for social mobility, which measures how well schools enrolled and graduated students who were awarded Pell Grants
- 432nd out of 694 for best undergraduate nursing programs
- 347-538 out of 538 schools for best computer science programs
National universities are those that offer a full range of undergraduate majors, in addition to master’s and doctoral programs, and emphasize faculty research or award professional practice doctorates.
The U.S. News & World Report also announced the 2022 Best Graduate Schools, ranking Gannon in the following categories:
- 46th out of 170 for best physician assistant programs (offered in Erie and Ruskin)
- 81st out of 110 for best nursing-anesthesia schools
- 129th out of 198 for best occupational therapy programs (offered in Erie and Ruskin)
- 168th out of 239 for best physical therapy programs (offered in Erie and Ruskin)
Gannon University has continued to grow in academic offerings at its Erie and Ruskin, Fla. campuses since its initial recognition as a national university in Fall 2019.
In the 2020-21 Fiscal Year, Gannon launched new programs that include a graduate certificate in business essentials and a writing minor. Gannon also launched a new partnership with UPMC Hamot that prepares students to enter Gannon’s RN to BSN program and meet the increasing demand for nurses.
Gannon also offers several doctoral programs, including at its growing Ruskin campus to prepare graduates to serve in the health care sector of the Florida economy.
Programs include a Doctor of Nursing Practice, Occupational Therapy Doctorate, Post-Professional Occupational Therapy Doctorate, Doctor of Philosophy in Organizational Learning and Leadership, and Doctor of Physical Therapy.
For more on this year’s rankings, visit the U.S. News website.
The Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education 2022 College Rankings list again ranked Gannon University among the top 500 schools in the U.S.
The rankings of nearly 800 schools are based on 15 individual performance indicators across four top criteria: resources, engagement, outcomes and environment.
The university received its strongest score in the engagement category, ranking at 173.
This ranking evaluates how immersed students are in the academic experience. It is based on survey responses on student engagement, student recommendation, interaction with teachers and students, and the number of accredited programs.
Gannon University was additionally ranked for the following.
- Resources >400: This measures the university’s capacity to deliver effective teaching, based on the school’s financial health and the ratio of faculty to students, as well as research papers per faculty.
- Outcomes >400: This evaluates a school’s capacity to generate appropriate outcomes and how it adds value to its students. The measure is based on graduation rates, value-added to graduate salary, debt after graduation and academic reputation.
- Environment >400: This measures a school’s capacity to provide a good learning environment for all students and how well it attracts a diverse student and faculty body. The evaluation is based on the proportion of international students, student diversity, student inclusion, and staff diversity.
For more on this year’s rankings, visit the WSJ report.
Niche.com ranked Gannon University among several national- and state-level categories within the 2022 report.
Niche is a market leader in connecting colleges and schools with students and families.
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of data and reviews. Click here to read the full methodology.
Among others, Gannon University ranked among the top in the following categories:
View all Gannon University rankings by visiting Niche.com.