Gannon University Makes “Honor Roll” As a Great College to Work For
Gannon University earned Honor Roll as a 2021 Great College to Work For.
Gannon University has earned its first-ever Honor Roll status as a 2021 Great College to Work For, according to a new survey by The Great Colleges to Work For® program.
Gannon University is one of 42 institutions across the country to earn Honor Roll distinction.
The university was cited on the Honor Roll in seven out of 10 categories:
- Confidence in Senior Leadership: Faculty and staff express confidence in the capabilities and credibility of senior leadership.
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: This category measures individual experiences of inclusion and belonging, as well as the impact of institutional diversity policies and procedures at the individual level.
- Faculty Experience: Faculty have support for advancement and promotion opportunities and the perceived balance of teaching, service and research.
- Mission & Pride: Employees understand the institution’s mission and how one’s job impacts that mission. They are proud to be associated with the institution and recommend it as an employer.
- Professional Development: Support for faculty/staff professional development is provided both in terms of building organizational capacity and supporting individual development needs.
- Shared Governance: This category is based on faculty responses to the survey items on collaborative governance processes and decision-making.
- Supervisor/Department Chair Effectiveness: Managers provide clear direction and constructive feedback, ensuring effective communication and equitable treatment.
Gannon President Keith Taylor, Ph.D., acknowledged this as a significant honor for the university that reflects the ongoing progress of its WIG Fully Engaged initiative to improve workplace experiences.
“Gannon University is dedicated to transforming lives by creating environments for extraordinary moments and everyday connections that inspire others to become their best selves,” Taylor said. “This purpose and our Mission are experienced in every interaction with our Gannon employees and community members, who are truly committed to providing our students a high-quality, accessible education and co-curricular experience. Being a part of their transformation is inspiring and makes Gannon a great place to work every day.”
The Great Colleges to Work For program is one of the largest and most respected workplace recognition programs in the country. Now in its 14th year, it recognizes the colleges that receive top ratings from their employees regarding workplace practices and policies.
The survey results are based on a two-part assessment process: an institution questionnaire by ModernThink Higher Education Insight Survey that captured employment data and workplace policies from each institution, and a survey administered to faculty, administrators and professional support staff. The primary factor in deciding whether an institution received recognition was the employee feedback.
The results, released in a special insert of The Chronicle of Higher Education, are based on a survey of 196 colleges and universities. In all, 70 of the 196 institutions achieved “Great College to Work For” recognition for specific best practices and policies. Results are reported for small, medium and large institutions, with Gannon included among the medium universities with 3,000 to 9,999 students.
Gannon has now made its fourth appearance on the list of Great Colleges to Work For, joining select universities and colleges across the nation that have proven committed to employee well-being and engagement even amid challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Learn more about the Great Colleges to Work For program, including all current and previously recognized institutions, at http://www.greatcollegesprogram.com.