Gannon Ranked Among Nation’s Top Universities by U.S. News & World Report
Gannon University is ranked among the nation's top universities by U.S. News & World Report, America's Best Colleges 2022
Gannon University has been ranked as a national university for the third consecutive year, according to the U.S. News & World Report’s recent release of “America’s Best Colleges.”
U.S. News ranked Gannon 227th out of 391 national universities. The university was ranked 227th out of 389 in the previous year’s report.
The U.S. News & World Report also ranked Gannon in the following categories with new recognitions for undergraduate nursing and computer science programs.
- 129th out of 239 top colleges and universities that offer undergraduate degrees in engineering
- 192nd out of 391 colleges and universities for social mobility, which measures how well schools enrolled and graduated students who were awarded Pell Grants
- 432nd out of 694 for best undergraduate nursing programs
- 347-538 out of 538 schools for best computer science programs
National universities are those that offer a full range of undergraduate majors, in addition to master’s and doctoral programs, and emphasize faculty research or award professional practice doctorates.
Additionally, the U.S. News & World Report announced the 2022 Best Graduate Schools, ranking Gannon in the following categories:
- 46th out of 170 for best physician assistant programs
- 81st out of 110 for best nursing-anesthesia schools
- 129th out of 198 for best occupational therapy programs
- 168th out of 239 for best physical therapy programs
Gannon University has continued to grow in academic offerings at both its Erie and Ruskin, Fla. campuses since its initial recognition as a national university in Fall 2019. In the 2020-21 Fiscal Year, Gannon launched new programs that include a graduate certificate in business essentials, a writing minor, and a new partnership with UPMC Hamot that prepares students to enter Gannon’s RN to BSN program and meet the increasing demand for nurses.
Gannon also continues to offer a number of doctoral programs, many of which are offered at our growing Ruskin campus to prepare graduates to serve in the health care sector of the Florida economy. Programs include a Doctor of Nursing Practice, Occupational Therapy Doctorate, Post-Professional Occupational Therapy Doctorate, Doctor of Philosophy in Organizational Learning and Leadership, and Doctor of Physical Therapy.
For more on this year’s rankings, visit the U.S. News website at https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/gannon-university-3266.