Skip to Main Content

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Why choose Gannon University?

    Gannon is a well established, private, university that is highly ranked and globally known. Our commitment to diversity is reflected in our community, our academic offerings, and our commitment to an educational experience without boundaries. Moreover, Gannon is highly personal, very safe, and incredibly affordable, especially with the international awards that are offered to undergraduate students.

    What are Gannon's academic programs?

    Gannon has over 75 programs at the associate, bachelor, master's, and doctoral level. All of our professional programs are professionally accredited while the humanities and liberal arts continue to guide the foundation of academic programs at the undergraduate level. Gannon's website has more information about the undergraduate and graduate programs offered.

    Is there support for international students?

    Gannon's Office of Global Support and Student Engagement handles all aspects of transition and support for international students. Immigration, advisement, orientations, special programs, excursions, shopping trips, and ongoing referrals as needed are just some of the services. The Office of Global Support and Student Engagement will even come for you at the airport when you arrive to campus for the first time.

    What are the costs? Is financial aid available for international students?

    Gannon is actually well below the average cost of a private university in the United States. Combined with the low cost of living in our region, the total costs are quite affordable in relation to similar programs elsewhere. Moreover, undergraduate students are afforded an international award while graduate students enjoy a lower time commitment for each graduate program in relation to similar programs at other colleges. Bottom line: You will get your degree much faster at an affordable cost.

    How do I apply for financial aid?

    There is no special or additional process. By making application and submitting the required documents and credentials, you will receive consideration for any awards that are available.

    How is Erie, Pennsylvania as a place to live?

    Erie is the fourth largest city in Pennsylvania and is the only city located on the shores of Lake Erie within the state. The City experiences four seasons of equal length and offers incredible recreational and social opportunities in boating, fishing, swimming, skiing, and similar outdoor sports. Erie also enjoys a low cost of living and a safe environment which allows for a higher quality of life. Since Pennsylvania is in the Northeast, Erie has easy access to all of the major cities along the East Coast: Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, and Washington, DC, in particular.

    What are the requirements to gain admission? How do I make application?

    For graduate admission, please click here for information. For undergraduate admission, please click here for information.

    How do I check on the status of my application?

    Please send an email to with your name (as it appears on your passport) and your date of birth. You will be notified within two business days (often sooner) with information.

    What should I do once I get my visa?

    Inform Gannon about your arrival information on the Arrival Form. Gannon's Office of Global Support and Student Engagement will support your transition to campus. Email to send a specific question about arrival, transportation, and on-campus services.

    How do I pay for my expenses?

    You should not be concerned with paying your expenses until you arrive to campus, receive your schedule, and get your invoice. At that time, you will be given options for payment, whether all at once or over the course of several months. (You are certainly permitted to send money in advance of your arrival.)

    Is employment available for international students?

    U.S. immigration law allows all international students to work on campus up to 20 hours per week and full time when classes are not in session. Immigration law prohibits international students from working off campus unless economic hardship or optional practical training has been approved.