Improve the Future with a Political Science Degree from Gannon University
Are you an idealist who wants to change the world? Are you intrigued by politics, current events and international affairs? If so, then Gannon’s
political science program is for you. Housed in the School of Public Service & Global Affairs, this interactive program will give you the skills,
knowledge, conceptual tools and experience to make a mark on the world through meaningful careers in education, foreign service, journalism,
nonprofit, politics and more.
- Gain valuable leadership experience
through Model U.N., one of the
oldest programs in the country.
- Learn from faculty who are active scholars in U.S.
foreign policy, American politics and presidency,
global migration, nationalism and more.
- Become well prepared to continue your education in our Master of Public Administration program.
Learn to Lead the Way in Political Science
- Pursue your interests in American politics, comparative
government, international relations or political theory.
- Explore complex political theories, practices and
institutions and how they shape everyday life.
- Develop your own political intellect by engaging in
enlightening debates, lectures, research, internships
Experience an Exceptional Learning Environment
- Gain valuable internship experiences with agencies
including city and county government, Democratic and
Republican party offices, Erie County Court House
offices, and the Washington Center Internship Program.
- Pursue courses at the University of Oxford and the
University of Cambridge in partial fulfillment of your
Gannon course requirements.
- Travel to Washington, D.C. for informational interviews
and to network with Gannon alumni.
- Apply for Fulbright Scholar opportunities in your final
year of study.
Inspire Your Academic Success
Gain real-world knowledge through key political science
Road to the White House: Study the history of
presidential elections and campaigns; re-enact presidential
debates and understand the politics and personalities
animating presidential politics from the 18th century until
U.S. Foreign Policy: Explore the historical and intellectual foundations of contemporary U.S. foreign policy and apply this knowledge to contemporary foreign policy dilemmas and international crises, as well as issues related to homeland security.
Special Topics: Participate in a series of classes that cover topics such as globalization, Model United Nations, totalitarian regimes, nationalism and regional politics in Russia and Asia.
Achieve Your Possibilities
Students will gain a high-quality education and advanced
undergraduate research that will enable success in the
rigors of graduate school or a profession. Gannon’s political
science program students can:
- Develop skills necessary for leadership, management,
planning and evaluation of government programs and
understand policy making and implementation within a
local, national or global context.
- Continue your education at prestigious law schools and
graduate programs such as Villanova University, the
University of Virginia, and the University of Pittsburgh.
- Earn a mid-career salary of $77,000, according to the
Bureau of Labor Statistics.