Write the Lead to Your Future Career with a
Journalism Communication Degree from Gannon University.
We are the content creators, message makers and storytellers in a society eager for information. In Gannon’s journalism communication
program, you will master techniques in news gathering and storytelling, learn about multiplatform digital media and traditional media, and
create important, timely and accurate stories through an array of media that can shape our world for the better.
- Learn in a program housed with media
and arts outlets in the School of
Communication and the Arts.
- Gain the knowledge needed to
become more marketable in the
journalism field and beyond.
- Learn from experienced faculty
who are professional journalists,
authors and more.
Learn to Lead the Way in Journalism Communication
- Acquire the reporting, writing, speaking and designing
skills needed to work successfully in multimedia
- Engage in the production of printed and digital content,
photography, graphic design and layout.
- Hone the practice of identifying and generating
engaging content ideas and develop those stories in a
Experience an Exceptional Learning Environment
- Gain valuable hands-on learning experience writing, editing and producing The Gannon Knight, the university’s digital news outlet, as well as accompanying podcasts in the podcast studio
- Develop essential broadcasting and streaming skills in
our award-winning radio station, WERG 90.5 FM and
crosswalk local and regional news on the hour.
- Access a full TV production studio, digital editing suite
and multimedia studios.
Inspire Your Academic Success
Gain real-world knowledge in key journalism communication
Writing for Print/New Media: Explore the art and
science of reporting through lab exercises and live
Advanced/Specialized Reporting: Take your knowledge
a step further with a focus on specific “beat” coverage
areas including criminal justice, local government, education
and the environment while engaging with high-profile
officials in each realm.
Sports Journalism: Learn the art of sports reporting,
game coverage, feature writing and issue stories as you
cover Gannon sports, local minor league teams and more.
Feature Writing: Choose topics that interest you and
produce long-form stories suitable for publication.
Achieve Your Possibilities
Gannon’s journalism communication program will help you
build a diverse and impressive portfolio to prepare you for
your career. Through an array of exciting opportunities you
- Collaborate on internship opportunities with Fortune
500 companies, local broadcast affiliates of national
networks or local networks, local and print publications,
health care facilities, and Erie sports teams.
- Secure highly sought-after careers in advertising
and copywriting, corporate communication and
marketing, film and videography, online and print news,
photojournalism, broadcasting and more.
- Earn an average median wage of $60,000 to $75,000,
according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.