Deliver Quality Health Care
with a Physician Assistant Degree from Gannon University
Gannon’s physician assistant program has been educating physician assistants for more than 40 years. Our program faculty are committed to
educating and preparing you to become an outstanding health care provider in a meaningful profession. Join our more than 1,300 graduates
who work everyday to improve the health and wellness of patients and communities across the nation.
- Join 2020 program graduates who
had a 100% first-time pass rate on the
Physician Assistant National Certifying
- Accredited by the Accreditation Review
Commission on Education for the
- Gannon’s physician assistant program
is ranked in the top 50 programs by
the U.S. News and World Report.
Learn to Lead the Way
- Gain the foundational medical knowledge required
for clinical practice through rigorous coursework and
- Develop the skills needed to deliver high-quality,
compassionate health care services to patients.
- Become a vital member of a health care team.
- Earn a median annual wage of $115,390, according to
the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Experience an Exceptional Learning Environment
- Learn in our Patient Simulation Center, a clinical-like
setting that mimics the way health care professionals
collaborate in real time using the protocols you’ll
encounter in your career.
- Complete eight clinical rotations to apply your
classroom learning to real-world experiences.
- Interact with standardized patients throughout your
fourth and fifth years in the program.
Inspire Your Academic Success
Gain real-world knowledge through key courses including:
Problem-Based Medicine: Learn evidence-based
medicine with an emphasis on clinical problem solving
through a case study approach.
Pre-Rotation Lecture Series Lab: Practice clinical skills
including gowning and gloving, injections, suturing, casting,
CPR and ACLS certification and operating room orientation.
Physical Diagnosis III: Perform histories and physical
examinations on hospitalized and nursing home patients,
learn frequently encountered medical problems, and
understand pathophysiology and a methodology to approach
any presenting medical concern.
Achieve Your Possibilities
Gannon’s physician assistant program provides you with
an array of opportunities to prepare you for a purposeful
career. You will:
- Receive hands-on professional training through 90
hours of patient interaction experiences in your first
- Complete two physical diagnosis laboratories that will
include experiences at a local hospital, at a long-term
care facility, and with standardized patients on campus.
- Participate in a White Coat Ceremony that honors
didactic- and clinical-year students.