Compound Your Career Success
Through the Chemical Engineering Program at Gannon University
Chemical engineers are vital agents in industrial-scale manufacturing. In Gannon’s cooperative chemical engineering program, your deepening
knowledge of STEM will prepare you to design equipment layout, find efficiencies that optimize production costs, and prioritize health, safety
and environmental considerations as you prepare to enter in-demand careers.
- Develop leadership skills
through an array of campus
- Learn from faculty experts whose
expertise spans all major branches
- 100%Our chemical engineering students enjoy a nearly 100% job placement rate.
Learn to Lead the Way in Chemical Engineering
- Establish a technical background in chemistry,
engineering, mathematics, physics and the liberal
- Leverage your success in our cooperative program
to earn a BS in chemistry from Gannon and a BS in
chemical engineering from the University of Pittsburgh
in only five years.
- Earn an annual median wage of $108,540, according to
the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Experience an Exceptional Learning Environment
- • Develop essential leadership skills through our
nationally recognized Chemistry Club, Gamma Sigma
Epsilon chemistry honors society, and the Society for
- Gain hands-on experience with a robust suite of
modern analytical tools in our high-quality facilities that
- Instrumental Analysis Laboratory
- Computational Chemistry Laboratory
- Hultman Nanotechnology Laboratory
Inspire Your Academic Success
Gain real-world knowledge through key chemistry and
engineering courses including:
Differential Equations: Study ordinary differential
equations with applications to science and engineering.
Organic Chemistry Laboratory: Study the reactions of
organic molecules and identify them using spectroscopic
Physical Chemistry: Study how matter behaves at the
atomic and molecular levels and how chemical reactions
Achieve Your Possibilities
Students will gain a high-quality education that enables
success in the rigors of graduate school or their future
profession. Through an array of program opportunities,
- Pursue internship opportunities with several privately
and publicly owned companies.
- Build a foundation to pursue further graduate research
programs in chemistry, biochemistry and chemical
- Secure highly sought-after careers with aerospace,
automotive, medical, military, biomedical, chemical,
biotechnology and computer systems industries.