Put Your Career in Motion with an Applied Exercise Science Degree from Gannon University
Exercise scientists study human motion to understand and foster safe, active and healthy lifestyle behaviors in others. Gannon University’s applied exercise science program will prepare you to become a leader in preventing diseases, enhancing athletic
performance, rehabilitating injuries and making life truly enjoyable for those in your community.
- Engage in research activities, interactive learning and community health initiatives.
- Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
- 100%100% of 2020-2021 graduates reported jobs in Exercise Science, the military, or graduate education programs 1 year after graduation.
Learn to Lead the Way in Applied Exercise Science
- Assess health status, conduct fitness testing, and design, implement and administer exercise programs for clients based on assessed needs.
- Understand the physiological basis for exercise and physical activity.
- Recognize critical issues in the field of applied exercise science and develop solutions.
Experience an Exceptional Learning Environment
Learn in two of our innovative laboratory spaces:
- Human Performance Laboratory: Explore motion analysis technologies to measure body composition and cardiovascular performance on test subjects using a variety of modalities.
- Movement Analysis Laboratory: Use motion-capture equipment to record movement and evaluate the presence of abnormalities and biomechanics of movements in test subjects.
Inspire Your Academic Success
Gain real-world knowledge through key courses including:
Sport Psychology: Learn psychological factors related to sports involvement and performance including elite athlete motivation and performance, intervention and performance enhancement, and anxiety and skill performance.
Human Motor Control: Explore the nature and control of movement and identify solutions for those with movement disorders.
Prevention and Care of Athletic Injuries: Gain the foundational knowledge and skills needed to recognize, evaluate and treat athletic injuries to the head, face, spine, torso and extremities.
Achieve the Possibilities
Students will gain advanced knowledge and skills in applied exercise science that will enable career success. Our program will let you:
- Collaborate with organizations and agencies to complete a 100+ hour practicum in a setting reflective of your career interest.
- Secure highly sought-after careers in a wide array of fields including coaching, corporate wellness, sports nutrition, strength and conditioning and more.
- Pursue an advanced education and gain the credentials needed for careers in fields such as athletic training and medicine.
- Earn a median annual wage of $51,000, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.