Discover Your Career Fit with an Applied
Exercise Physiology Degree from Gannon University
Applied exercise physiologists study science and its application to how the body responds to physical activity. Gannon’s applied exercise physiology program provides advanced training in human performance with a focus in biochemistry, nutrition, psychology,
physiology, and sport and clinical exercise physiology so you can improve the performance of elite athletes, recreational movers and the sedentary. Undergraduate students can complete the SES in a five-year option and post-baccalaureate students finish
in one year. Earn your career in applied exercise physiology to become an expert and role model in the sport, physical activity and health professions.
- 100% 100% of 2020-2021 graduates reported jobs in Exercise Science, the military, or graduate education programs 1 year after graduation.
- Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
- Become well prepared to complete your certification exam through a nationally recognized organization.
Learn to Lead the Way in Applied
- Gain advanced knowledge of the neurophysiology of human performance and clinical populations.
- Understand the physiology of human function and performance, as well as the psychology of human performance.
- Explore the relationship between nutrition and human performance.
- Test the physical capabilities of the body and prescribe activity to improve these parameters
- 100% of graduates report being satisfied with the MSAEP program 6-months after graduation
Experience an Exceptional Learning Environment
- Complete an unparalleled, hands-on internship with one of Gannon’s 18 athletic teams or with local semi-professional sports teams.
- Enhance your classroom learning through diverse clinical experiences and interprofessional learning opportunities.
- Choose a thesis option and complete six credits of research-based scientific study that prepares you for mid-level employment in the field and/or entrance into a doctoral program.
Inspire Your Academic Success
Gain real-world knowledge through key courses including:
Advanced Strength and Conditioning: Gain theoretical and practical knowledge of the physiological, biomechanical, administrative aspects of designing and supervising strength and conditioning programs for various populations.
Psychological Foundations of Performance:
Understand the psychological and emotional factors that influence athletic and nonathletic performance.
Advanced Sport Nutrition: Develop an understanding of the influence of nutrition for acute and chronic biological and physiological adaptations to physical activity and sport.
Achieve the Possibilities
Students will gain a high-quality education that enables success in the rigors of graduate school or a future profession. Through an array of program opportunities, you can:
- Gain the foundational knowledge needed to obtain certification offered through nationally recognized organizations at the conclusion of the first semester of graduate school.
- Secure valuable careers in the sport, physical activity and health professions to improve human performance and combat chronic diseases.
The Master of Science in Applied Exercise Physiology is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Committee
on Accreditation for the Exercise Sciences (CoAES) and CAAHEP’s Board of Directors.
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
25400 US Highway 19 North, Suite 158
Clearwater, FL 33763