79,000 Hours and Counting
Gannon students, faculty and staff volunteered more than 79,000 hours in 2010, placing us on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college can receive for its commitment to service-learning.
In Erie and across the nation, through projects big and small, Gannon students, faculty and staff help improve the lives of others. Here is just a sampling of some of our service projects:
- Gathering food for the Second Harvest Food Bank
- Tutoring and mentoring Erie children
- Raising money for breast cancer research
- Repairing houses in New Orleans
- Working with farm laborers in Immokalee, Florida
- Building schools in Honduras
- Helping people living with HIV/AIDS in Washington, D.C.