Publications (* denotes undergraduate author)
7. Oakhill, J*., Protchko, S*., and Dempsey, C.M. 2018. Quantifying the source and amount of suspended sediment transported during storm events in Huntsville Creek, Luzerne County, PA. Journal of the Pennsylvania Academy of Science. Vol 92 (1), pp 13-32.
6. Bodzin, A., Anastasio, D., Sahagian, D., Peffer, T., Dempsey, C. and Steelman-Couch, R. 2014. Investigating climate change understandings of urban middle level students. Journal of Geoscience Education. Volume 62, pp 417-430.
5. Gillette B, Dempsey C., Bodzin A, Anastasio D, Sahagian D, Cirucci L. LETTERS. Science Scope [serial online]. March 2013;36(7):6-7. Available from: Education Research Complete, Ipswich, MA. Accessed May 16, 2013.
4. Dempsey, C., Morris, D., and Peters, S. 2013. Assessing changes in microbial respiration, BGE, and bacterial production with nutrient addition to batch cultures. Freshwater Ecology. Volume 28, No. 3, pp 411-421.
3. Dempsey, C., Bodzin, A., Anastasio, D., Sahagian, D., and Cirruci, L. 2012. Investigating future climate scenarios: who will be affected by sea level rise? Science Scope. Volume 36 (4).
2. Dempsey C., Bodzin, A., Anastasio, D., Sahagian, D., and Cirruci, L. 2012. Reconstructing environmental change using lake varves as a climate proxy. Science Scope. Volume 35 (7).
1. Climate Change. 2011. http://www.ei.lehigh.edu/eli/cc/. Bodzin, A., Dempsey, C., Anastasio, D., Sahagian, D., Peffer, T., Bressler, D., Cirruci, L., Turner, L., and Diltz, M. External validation: National Science Digital Library (NSDL), Digital Library for Earth System Science (DLESE).
7. Dempsey, C., Morris, D.P., Osburn, C.L., Peters, S.C., and Pazzaglia, F.J. Assessing changes to DOM spectral properties during seasonal storm events. Abstract 081, presented at 2014 Joint Aquatic Science Meeting, Portland, OR. May 18-23, 2014.
6. Dempsey, C., Morris, D.P., Pazzaglia, F.J., Raymond, P., and Peters, S.C. The age and lability of organic carbon in headwater catchments with varying land use. GSA Abstracts with Programs Vol. 44, No. 7 (2012).
5. Dempsey, C., Morris, D.P., Osburn, C.L., Peters, S.C., and Pazzaglia, F.J. The use of PARAFAC components in studying headwater catchments: a stream and soil study. Abstract B21E-0418, presented at 2012 Fall Meeting, AGU, San Francisco, CA, 2-7 Dec.
4. Dempsey, C., Morris, D.P., Pazzaglia, F.J., and Peters, S.C. Determining the age and lability of dissolved organic carbon: A multiple land use study. Abstract B31J-07, presented at 2011 Fall Meeting, AGU, San Francisco, Calif., 5-9 Dec.
3. Dempsey, C., Bodzin, A., Anastasio, D., Sahagian, D., and Cirruci, L. Investigating climate change issues with web based geospatial inquiry activities. Abstract ED21C-0591 Poster, presented at 2011 Fall Meeting, AGU, San Francisco, Calif., 5-9 Dec.
2. Dempsey, C., Morris, D.P. Studying the role of nutrient limitation on microbial communities in headwater streams. Lehigh Valley Ecology and Evolution Conference, Allentown, PA. 2010, April.
1. Dempsey, C., Morris, D.P. Understanding the role of phosphorous limitation in controlling microbial respiration in headwater streams. Presented at 2009 Summer Meeting, ASLO, Santa Fe, NM. June 2-7.