Skip to main content

Apply as a Veteran

  • How Do I Apply as Veteran?

    Step 1: Complete Application

    Complete the Application for Undergraduate Admission. Your application fee is waived.

    Step 2: Apply for Post 9/11

    Apply for Post 9/11 VA Benefit at and attach your DD-214 to the VA Application for Benefits. Once you receive your certificate of eligibility from the VA send a copy of the certificate to the Gannon Financial Aid Office.

    Step 3: Request Academic Transcripts

    Gannon’s accreditation requires academic files showing that all enrolled students have completed high school. Complete a Student Record Request form and mail it to your high school. All transcripts become the property of Gannon University and cannot be returned to the applicant nor forwarded to a third party.

    If you have received your GED, you must submit an official GED transcript along with an official high school transcript for the years attended high school. GED transcripts issued in the state of Pennsylvania can be requested at (search for “GED transcript”).

    Request official transcripts from all colleges attended (this includes technical schools) to be sent directly to the Center for Adult Learning. Transfer students with fewer than 30 college credits must also submit an official copy of their high school transcript. If you are applying to any of our health science programs, you must submit a high school transcript regardless of the number of college credits you have earned. Upon acceptance applicable transcripts are evaluated by the Dean’s Office for transfer credits and individuals will receive a transfer credit evaluation in the mail.

    Step 4: Entrance Exams

    If you have not taken the SAT or ACT you will be required to take Gannon University’s entrance exam. We must have an application and all transcripts before the test can be taken.

    Step 5: Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid

    Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at Do this as soon as you can – even before you are accepted -- before every school year. PA residents create an account and complete PA State Grant Status Form at

    Step 6: Request Military Transcripts

    Request official military transcripts to be sent to the Center for Adult Learning. Military transcripts are evaluated for transfer credits. Additionally you will receive up to 6 free elective credits for time served.