- 3+4 accelerated pharmacy program with The State University of
New York, University at Buffalo School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical
Sciences leading to a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree.
- Qualified students will be conditionally guaranteed an interview
with the University at Buffalo, an advantage over students at other
institutions at the time of application.
- Students in the 3+4 program can earn a B.S. in health science
from Gannon University after successful completion of their first year
at the University at Buffalo.
- Participation does not restrict students’ ability to apply to other pharmacy schools.
Liberal Studies Core
The Liberal Studies Core Curriculum is one reflection of Gannon University's commitment to
its Catholic identity. The Core's design offers students a defined, integrated, shared
experience as the foundation for their undergraduate program.
Gannon University Undergraduate Entry Requirements
- Complete four years of science courses and four years of math courses at the high school level.
- Achieve a cumulative high school GPA of 3.4 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Obtain a rank in the top 25 percent of your high school class.
- Achieve a minimum SAT score of 1220 (new SAT)/1150 (old SAT) or ACT composite score of 25.
- Provide evidence of academic and personal potential, and a desire to become a pharmacist.
Students who meet all entry requirements listed will be accepted on a rolling admission basis.
Affiliate Entry Requirements
- Achieve a cumulative overall GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Achieve a cumulative science/math GPA of 3.3 or higher.
- Maintain GPA requirements at the end of each undergraduate year.
- Complete all prerequisite courses by the end of the summer semester prior to fall admission, earning a minimum of a C (2.0) in each course.
- Earn a competitive PCAT score (typically > 300).
- Apply to the University at Buffalo School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences through PharmCAS by October 1 prior to the year of University at Buffalo matriculation.
- Receive a favorable recommendation from Gannon University’s Pre-Health Applicant Review Committee.
- Complete a successful criminal background check and drug screen.
- Complete a satisfactory admissions interview with the University at Buffalo.
- Fulfill any additional requirements as outlined through the affiliation agreement between Gannon University and the University at Buffalo.