- 4+4 programs with Ross University School of
Veterinary Medicine (RUSVM), located on the Caribbean island of St.
Kitts, leading to a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M.) degree
- Qualified students will be conditionally guaranteed an interview
with RUSVM, an advantage over students at other institutions at the
time of application.
- Students in the 4+4 program will earn a bachelor’s degree in a
chosen field from Gannon University prior to matriculating to RUSVM.
- Participation does not restrict a student’s ability to apply to other veterinary schools.
Liberal Studies Core
The Liberal Studies Core Curriculum is one reflection of Gannon University's commitment to
its Catholic identity. The Core's design offers students a defined, integrated, shared
experience as the foundation for their undergraduate program.
Gannon University Undergraduate Entry Requirements
- Completion of four years of science courses at the high school level.
- Completion of four years of mathematics courses at the high school level.
- Achieve a minimum SAT score of 1220 (new SAT)/1150 (old SAT) or ACT composite score of 25.
- Achieve a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.4 on a 4.0 scale.
- Obtain a rank in the top 25 percent of your high school class.
- Provide evidence of scholarly, professional and personal potential and a desire to become a veterinarian.
Students who meet all entry requirements listed will be accepted on a rolling admission basis.
Affiliate Entry Requirements
- Achieve a cumulative overall GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- Achieve a GPA of 3.00 or higher in all courses designated by RUSVM as prerequisites.
- Complete RUSVM prerequisite courses with no grades of F, D, or C-.
- Score in the 25th percentile or better in each category of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Apply to RUSVM directly through their website.
- Submit two letters of recommendation.
- Complete a satisfactory admissions interview with RUSVM.
- Fulfill any additional requirements as outlined through the affiliation agreement between Gannon University and RUSVM.
Each academic year, RUSVM will admit up to five (5) students total
from Gannon University’s veterinary affiliation programs. Additional
students may be considered on an individual basis and at the discretion