- 4+4 early acceptance program with the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) School of Dental Medicine in Bradenton, Florida, leading to a Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.M.D.) degree
- Qualified students can gain conditionally guaranteed acceptance as early as their senior year of high school
- Successful students in the 4+4 early acceptance program will preferably earn a B.S. in biology from Gannon University prior to matriculating to the LECOM School of Dental Medicine
Liberal Studies Core
The Liberal Studies Core Curriculum is one reflection of Gannon University's commitment to
its Catholic identity. The Core's design offers students a defined, integrated, shared
experience as the foundation for their undergraduate program.
Gannon University Undergraduate Entry Requirements
- Complete four years of science courses and four years of math courses at the high school level.
- Achieve a cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Obtain a rank in the top 25 percent of your high school class.
- Achieve a minimum SAT score of 1240 (new SAT)/1170 (old SAT) or ACT composite score of 26.
- Provide evidence of academic and personal potential, and a desire to become a dentist.
- Complete a satisfactory admissions interview with LECOM.
From the qualified applicant pool, a maximum of five (5) students are accepted to this program in the senior year of high school. Guaranteed acceptance will not be granted until all requirements listed below have been satisfied. Once offered acceptance, students will be given two weeks to pay the enrollment deposit at Gannon University to reserve their space in the program. If the deadline passes without a deposit, the space will be offered to another student. Students who wish to be considered for the LECOM affiliation program with Gannon University must:
apply and successfully be admitted to Gannon University’s LECOM 4+4 Early Acceptance Dental Medicine program.
complete the Early Acceptance Program Inquiry form available on the LECOM portal (https://portal.lecom.edu/ics).
select the Dental 4+4 Program from the drop down menu on the LECOM inquiry form and list Gannon University as one of the top three schools they are interested in attending.
submit an Early Acceptance Program online application to LECOM.
- complete a successful admissions interview with LECOM.
- send email to LECOM communicating the decision to attend Gannon using Gannon email account.
- receive a provisional letter of acceptance from LECOM.
Affiliate Entry Requirements
Achieve a cumulative overall GPA of 3.4 or higher.
Achieve a cumulative science GPA of 3.2 or higher.
Maintain a cumulative overall and science GPA of 3.0 or higher at the end of each semester.
Earn a minimum of a C in all courses required by LECOM.
Maintain good standing with Gannon University.
Complete the Dental Admission Test (DAT) with a competitive score (≥ 17).
Complete approximately 100 hours of shadowing in a clinical dental setting.
Complete a successful criminal background check.
Meet and agree to LECOM’s Health and Technical Standards.
Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
Apply to the LECOM School of Dental Medicine through AADSAS by November 15 of the year prior to LECOM matriculation.
Submit the online LECOM secondary application by January 1 of the year of LECOM matriculation.
Arrange for letters of recommendation and all supporting documentation to be submitted for review by LECOM.
Fulfill any additional requirements as outlined through the affiliation agreement between Gannon University and the LECOM School of Dental Medicine.
Each academic year, LECOM will admit up to five (5) students from Gannon University’s dental affiliation program. Additional students may be considered on an individual basis and at the discretion of LECOM.
Students admitted to this program will forfeit their conditionally guaranteed seat if they apply to any other dental schools.