Make Your Future Count
with a Mathematics Degree from Gannon University
Professions requiring a mathematics degree are routinely ranked in the top ten careers for job satisfaction and demand. Students of Gannon’s mathematics program learn theoretical and applied mathematics along with valuable critical thinking skills. Graduates are poised for success in graduate school or as leading professionals in business, government, education and other industries.
- Join expert faculty at the
forefront of industry research.
- Gannon students’ first-time pass rates on
actuarial exams P/1 and FM/2 are well
above the national average.
- Collaborate with corporate leaders
through internship opportunities.
Learn to Lead the Way in Mathematics
- Course and project work immerse students in the
theory and application of mathematics.
- Develop highly sought-after logic and in-depth problem-solving skills that are transferable across a number of
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median
annual wage for mathematicians and statisticians is
Experience an Exceptional Learning Environment
- Access professional software packages, such as
Maple, to tackle real-world computational
- Pursue faculty-supervised research opportunities
that frequently result in conference presentations or
publication in a scholarly journal.
- Receive individualized support from faculty for upper-level coursework through small class sizes.
Inspire Your Academic Success
Gain real-world knowledge through key mathematics
Number Theory and Cryptography: Learn the skills
needed to encrypt and decrypt messages in the modern age.
Math Modeling: Engage in a semester-long project in
partnership with a local non-profit agency to analyze realworld data sets.
Financial Mathematics: Learn about financial
applications including interest rates, annuities and bonds
and prepare for the FM/2 actuarial exams.
Achieve the Possibilities
Students will gain advanced knowledge and skills in the
key concepts of mathematics that will enable a range of
career and graduate education opportunities. Gannon’s
- Intern with financial planning companies, insurance
companies, mathematics textbook publishers and
- Pursue graduate opportunities at prestigious schools
including Notre Dame, Lehigh University, Purdue
University and University of California-San Diego.
- Secure a career as a mathematician, statistician,
actuary, data analyst, financial analyst, teacher and