Catalyze Your Success
with a Chemistry Degree from Gannon University
Chemists engage in the discovery of matter that forms our universe. Gannon’s chemistry program, which is approved by the American Chemical Society, will enrich your scientific curiosity by exposing you to the wonders of the properties and transformations of matter, leading you to exciting careers in teaching, preserving the environment, advocating scientific policies, and even solving crimes.
- Nationally recognized curriculum and Chemistry Club.
- Learn from faculty experts whose
expertise spans all major branches
- 100%Students have achieved a nearly 100-percent job placement rate upon graduation.
Learn to Lead the Way in Chemistry
- Challenging and interactive coursework and laboratory
experiences engage you in investigating the properties
and transformations of matter.
- Develop an intellectual framework in the five major sub-disciplines of chemistry: organic, physical, analytical,
inorganic and biochemistry.
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median
annual wage for chemists is $80,680.
Experience an Exceptional Learning Environment
- Conduct original scientific research alongside a
faculty mentor, which can lead to local and national
presentations or publication in a scholarly journal.
- Gain hands-on experience with a robust suite of
modern analytical tools in our high-quality facilities that
- Instrumental Analysis Laboratory
- Computational Chemistry Laboratory
- Hultman Nanotechnology Laboratory
Inspire Your Academic Success
Gain real-world knowledge through a nationally recognized curriculum that is approved by the American Chemical Society. Specialized classes include:
Structural Biochemistry: Study the structure and
function of biologically important compounds including
amino acids, proteins, nucleic acids, enzymes, carbohydrates
Advanced Instrumental Analysis: Examine the major
instrumental methods used in analytical chemistry.
Organic Chemistry Laboratory: Study the reactions
of organic molecules and identify compounds using
Achieve the Possibilities
Students will experience a high-quality scientific education
and advanced undergraduate research that will enable
success in the rigors of graduate school or their profession.
Gannon’s chemistry students can:
- Participate with industry-leading companies on
research projects and internships that improve their
- Build a foundation for further graduate studies in
chemistry, biochemistry or the health professions.
- Secure highly sought-after careers in industries
including research, academia, government, public
health and entrepreneurship and consulting.