- 2+4 and 3+4 accelerated pharmacy programs with the University of
Charleston School of Pharmacy in Charleston, West Virginia, leading to a
Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree.
- Qualified students will be conditionally guaranteed an interview
with the UC School of Pharmacy, an advantage over students at other
institutions at the time of application.
- Students in the 2+4 program complete all preliminary coursework
for the UC School of Pharmacy, but do not earn a bachelor’s degree from
- Students in the 3+4 program can earn a B.S. in health science
from Gannon University after successful completion of their first year
at the UC School of Pharmacy.
Liberal Studies Core
The Liberal Studies Core Curriculum is one reflection of Gannon University's commitment to
its Catholic identity. The Core's design offers students a defined, integrated, shared
experience as the foundation for their undergraduate program.
Gannon University Undergraduate Entry Requirements
- Complete four years of science courses and four years of math courses at the high school level.
- Achieve a cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Obtain a rank in the top 25 percent of your high school class.
- Achieve a minimum SAT score of 1170 (new SAT)/1100 (old SAT) or ACT composite score of 24.
- Provide two letters of recommendation.
- Provide evidence of scholarly and extracurricular activities.
- Provide evidence of academic and personal potential, and a desire to become a pharmacist.
There is no application deadline, but students are encouraged to apply early for priority consideration.
From the qualified applicant pool, a maximum of five (5) students are accepted to this program in the senior year of high school. Once offered acceptance, students will be given two weeks to pay the enrollment deposit at Gannon University to reserve their space in the program. If the deadline passes without a deposit, the space will be offered to another student.
Affiliate Entry Requirements
- Complete the program curriculum at Gannon University.
- Achieve a cumulative overall GPA of 3.25 or higher.
- Achieve a cumulative science/math GPA of 3.25 or higher.
- Earn a minimum of a C in all courses.
- Earn a PCAT score in the 65th percentile or higher with an appropriate score on the writing sample.
- Demonstrate experience in community/campus activism.
- Receive a recommendation from Gannon University’s Pre-Health Applicant Review Committee.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a pharmacist.
- Apply to UC School of Pharmacy.
- Complete a successful admissions interview with UC Schoolof Pharmacy.
- Complete a successful criminal background check.
- Fulfill any additional requirements as outlined through the affiliation agreement between Gannon University and UC School of Pharmacy.
Each academic year, the University of Charleston will admit up to five
(5) students from each of Gannon University’s pharmacy affiliation
programs. Additional students may be considered on an individual basis
and at the discretion of the University of Charleston School of