Virtual Information Session
Gannon University's Erie, PA campus welcomes prospective students to join the M.S. in Speech-Language Pathology (SLP) virtual information session to learn more about the program's enrollment procedures, curriculum, and outcomes. SLP program faculty and
admissions staff will deliver a brief presentation with time for questions afterwards. We look forward to having you join us!
The Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology at Gannon University is a program designed for students to participate in a collaborative, experiential, and integrative course of study developing skills that prepare them for the highest standards of
the scope of practice in speech-language pathology. The Erie speech-language pathology comprehensive curriculum combines research and evidence-based clinical practice, infused with a strong commitment to diversity, equality, and inclusion. The program
requires completion of six (6) semesters of didactic and clinical coursework. Graduate students will be provided with opportunities to work alongside faculty on clinical and community research projects and service.
The mission of the Master of Science degree program in Speech-Language Pathology at Gannon University- Erie is to foster the development of highly skilled, compassionate speech-language professionals who are dedicated to lifelong learning, leadership,
and person-centered service. The program provides holistic, evidence-based speech, language, swallowing, and hearing education and healthcare for a diverse society.
The Gannon University Difference
- Gannon University is a Catholic, Diocesan University with 90 years of rich tradition in academic excellence.
- Students learn from a faculty who model the mission of teaching, service, and scholarship in a university community that embraces diversity, advocacy, and global citizenship.
- Cohort class size is 25 students to allow for the development of professional and personal connections with peers and faculty.
- The Erie community offers extensive opportunities for students to gain the skills within the scope of speech-language pathology through their clinical education experiences.
- Gannon University cultivates opportunities for inter-professional collaborations within rehabilitative sciences and across the university.
Mary T McDermott, Ed.D., CCC-SLP
Program Director for Speech-Language Pathology