Residence Units

  • Students in Residence Hall Room

    Due to the downtown location of Gannon University, the Office of Residence Life has acquired and built several different styles of buildings that contain many different styles of Residence Units. We have split these into buildings for our First-Year Students, as well as, apartments and small properties for our Returning Students, based on the presence of student support staff in the halls, the location on campus, and the types of amenities that these options offer.

    Each of our residence units operates on a 9-month agreement, meaning that students move into the space in August of each year and move out of the space the following May. Students may apply for summer housing options each year in mid-late March. We also encourage students to examine their need for renter’s insurance with a parent/guardian.


    All residence halls and small properties come fully furnished. Each student has a XL Twin bed, desk, desk chair, dresser, and wardrobe or closet. Students who live in suite-style units and apartments are also given a couch, sitting chair, and table to accommodate the living situation in that space. Students should only need to bring minimal items with them when moving into any space.


    Gannon University provides many support staff in the residence halls for students seeking assistance, guidance, or opportunities to get engaged in the Gannon community. Most properties have the following staff members directly in their building, or close by, to support the success of students at Gannon.

    • Resident Assistants (RAs): RAs are students who are highly engaged and successful at Gannon University and wish to help others engage with the campus community. RAs are there to help students find resources on campus, to be a mentor, and to be a listening ear when students to talk with someone. RAs go through extended training each year, and live in the residence halls. Our First-Year buildings have at least 1 RA living on each floor.
    • Resident Directors (RDs): RDs are professional staff members who either have, or are currently pursuing a specialized post-secondary degree. Resident Directors serve as a resource for particular communities or buildings on campus, and have experience working with college students in a variety of capacities. RDs both live and work in their communities, and are there to help students with questions about interacting with the university; to help handle issues with housing and maintenance; to help mentor and guide students; and to help students engage with the Gannon Community. Our First-Year Buildings each have a Resident Director whose office is located off the main lobby of the building.
    • Resident Campus Ministers (RCMs): RCMS are full-time professional staff members who work to help expand the Mission and Ministry of Gannon University. RCMs serve many different roles and functions to help students who need someone to talk with or confide in. Resident Campus Ministers live in the halls to help promote the spiritual and intellectual growth of our students living on campus. Our First-Year Buildings each have an RCM who resides in the building and works from an office in Keim Commons.