Inaugural Commencement Ceremony to be Held for Gannon University’s Ruskin, Florida Campus
Posted: August 24, 2018
Gannon University President Keith Taylor, Ph.D., will
recognize graduates of the Occupational Therapy Doctoral program as
they become a part of Gannon history and receive their diplomas at
the University's inaugural Commencement Ceremony at its Ruskin,
The Ceremony will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, August 25 at
Prince of Peace Catholic Church and will feature keynote speaker
Richard G. Orlando '76, M.D., F.A.C.S., who will be awarded a
Doctor of Humane Letters degree, honoris causa at the
Gannon will award Occupational Therapy Doctoral degrees to 21
students from 11 states on Saturday. The graduates are part of the
inaugural Occupational Therapy Doctoral cohort enrolled in the
program when the campus opened in 2015.
COMMENCEMENT EVENTS SATURDAY, AUGUST 25
Location: Prince of Peace
Catholic Church, 702 Valley Forge Blvd. in Sun City Center,
- Commencement Mass Time: 10:00 a.m.
- Graduate Reception Time: 11:00 a.m.
- Commencement Interviews Interviews: Lawrence T. Persico, Bishop, Diocese of Erie; Keith Taylor, Ph.D., President, Gannon University; Dr. Richard Orlando, Commencement speaker; Graduating Occupational Therapy Students Time: 12:30 p.m. - 12:50 p.m.
- Assembly of Graduates Time: 12:30 p.m.
- Commencement Ceremony Time: 1:00 p.m.