Duane R. Prokop
Assistant Professor, Marketing Program
Chair, Op Systems Analysis, Management
Assistant Professor, Management
Office: CBI 316
- Courses Taught
- Educational History
- Honor Societies
- Professional Experience
- Professional Societies
Dr. Prokop joined Gannon University as a full-time faculty member in the Dahlkemper School of Business Administration in January, 1981.
Dr. Prokop has a broad background in higher education, business consulting, and community service. He has held several leadership positions in educational, community service, business and military environments.
Dr. Prokop holds a doctorate from Regent University with a concentration in strategic leadership. His doctoral studies included work in strategic management, organizational behavior, organizational communication, and organizational learning and leadership. In addition, Dr. Prokop pursued graduate and undergraduate studies at Youngstown State University graduating with a M.B.A. in marketing and a B.S. in industrial marketing and management.
Before joining the faculty at Gannon University, Dr. Prokop was a marketing manager with a large manufacturing firm, adjunct professor of business and a marketing consultant.
Dr. Prokop has extensive experience within the field of higher education holding positions as Chairman of the Dahlkemper School of Business Administration, Chairman of the Department of Market-Focused Programs and Analytics, Chairman of the Department of Operational Systems, Chairman of the Marketing Department, Faculty Senate President, and Director of Graduate Programs in the Dahlkemper School of Business.
Dr. Prokop served on the boards of the Erie City Mission, Erie DAWN (Dwellings and Advocacy for Women in Need, Second Harvest Food Bank, Erie MHEDS (Multi-Cultural Health Education Delivery System) and the Gannon Small Business Development Center. He was born in Boardman, Ohio and currently resides in Fairview, Pennsylvania and enjoys time with his family, hiking, music, reading, and travel.
• Regent University (School of Business and Leadership), Doctor of Strategic Leadership, 2007
• Regent University (School of Business and Leadership), Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Organizational Leadership, 2005
• Youngstown State University (Williamson School of Business Administration), Master of Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing - Degree granted with high honors, 1978
• Youngstown State University (Williamson School of Business Administration), Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a major in Marketing and minor in Management - Degree granted summa cum laude, 1976
• Youngstown State University (Williamson School of Business Administration), Associate of Science with a concentration in Business Technology - Degree granted with high honors, 1974
• Army National Guard Military Academy
• United States Army Administration and Management School