David R. LeVan
Assistant Professor, Occupational Therapy Program
Office: M 048
- Courses Taught
- Educational History
- Professional Experience
- Professional Societies
- Registered Occupational Therapist with The National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy with a practice emphasis in Health and Wellness
- Hamot Health Foundation Grant to support The Purposeful Movement and Wellness Program for individuals with Parkinson Disease.
Dave is an avid outdoorsman and runner. If he is not at school then he likes to be close to the water. He is the oldest of two brothers and one sister. He also enjoys his role as Uncle Dave to his niece Sarah.
- Clinical Neuroscience (GOCCT505)
- Gerontology Intervention Techniques (GOCCT630)
- University of Indianapolis, Doctor of Health Science in Occupational Therapy, "Purposeful Movement Wellness Program for Individuals with Parkinson Disease: A Program Evaluation", 2011
- Gannon University, Masters in Education, Curriculum and Instruction, 2002
- Gannon University, Bachelors of Science in Occupational Therapy, 1997
- Board President, Parkinson Partners of Northwestern Pennsylvania, Erie, PA, 2012-Present
- Director, Purposeful Movement Wellness Program for Individuals with Parkinson Disease, provided through a partnership between Parkinson Partners of Northwestern PA, Gannon Univerisity, Salvation Army Senior Center, Erie, PA, and the Hamot Health Foundation, 2010-Present.
- Clinical Consultant, Huntington's Disease Support Group of Erie, 2014-Present.
- Clinical Consultant, Rehabilitation, Emcompass Care, Fairview, PA, 2004-Present.
- American Occupational Therapy Asscoiation
- Parkinson Partners of Northwestern PA
- OT Practice, "Hands-On Engagement: Learning Functional Anatomy in the Classroom", May 2012
Purposeful Movement Wellness Program for Individuals with Parkinson Disease (Spring, Summer, and Fall sessions)
Wellsvilles TV and Family Day Events for Children