Office: CBI 323
- Educational History
- Professional Societies
My main area of research is Algebraic Number Theory as evidenced by my publications list and the conference/lecture list given below.
Some of the more notable grants in mathematics that I received are also listed here.
Fulbright Senior Specialist (Kaunas Technological University, Lithuania).
Senior Fulbright Scholar in Mathematics (Vytautas Magnus University, Lithuania).
US National Academy of Sciences Exchange Professor (Institute of Mathematics and Cybernetics, Academy of Sciences, USSR).
IREX, International Research and Exchanges Board Senior Scholar (alternate).
National Science Foundation Fellow (Illinois Institute of Technology).
Currently, I am the internal evaluator for Gannon University’s 5-yr NSF Transform Grant.
I am also a member/referee for the below.
· Member of the reviewer staff, Mathematical Reviews.
· Referee for Pennsylvania Academy of Sciences.
· Referee for the Ohio Journal of Science.
Professional Meetings, Lectures, and Presented Papers
· *2009 Conference on Summability and Applications, Shawnee State U./Ohio U.
· 2008 Fourth Summability Mini-Conference, Kent State University.
· *2005 XIII World Lithuanian Symposium on the Arts and Sciences.
· *2001. III International Conference on Analytic and Probabilistic Number Theory,
· *2000 Vytautas Magnus University, Kaunas, Lithuania (Mathematical Economics)
· *2000 Vilnius State University, Vilnius, Lithuania (Mathematics Department).
· *1997. Tenth Chicago Symposium on Arts and Sciences, Chicago, Il. (Section Chair,
· *1996. II International Conference on Analytic and Probabilistic Number Theory,
· *1989. Sixth Chicago Symposium on Arts and Sciences, Chicago, Il. (Section Chair,
· *1987 Invited series of lectures at the Institute of Mathematics and Cybernetics; Kovno
Polytechnic Institute; and the LTSR Institute of Economic and Agricultural Scientific
· *1985 Invited lecturer at the Institute of Mathematics and Cybernetics and the Kovno
Polytechnic Institute, (USSR).
· *1985. Fifth Chicago Symposium on Arts and Sciences, Chicago, Il.
· 1985. Fourth International Vilnius Conference on Probability Theory and Mathematical
Statistics, V. A Steklov Mathematical Institute, USSR.
· 1983. International Congress of Mathematicians, Warsaw, Poland.
· *1981. Fourth Chicago Symposium on Arts and Sciences, Chi., Il.
· 1981. Third International Vilnius Conference on Probability Theory and Mathematical
Statistics, V. A. Steklov Mathematical Institute, USSR.
· #1981. 87th Annual Meeting of the American Mathematical Society, San Francisco, Ca.
· #1980. 86th Annual Meeting of the American Mathematical Society, San Antonio, Tx.
· 1979. 85th Annual Meeting of the American Mathematical Society, Biloxi, Mi.
· 1978. 84th Annual Meeting of the American Mathematical Society, Atlanta, Ga.
*Invited paper, lecture; # Contributed paper.
I have done numerous business/industry consulting jobs both individually and with my graduate students. At the end of this section I list my contributions to Gannon University.
Consultant for papers
1. Kelly, W.N., Meyer, J.D., and Flately, C.J., Cost Analysis of a Satellite Pharmacy, American Journal of Hospital Pharmacists, Vol. 43, 1986, 1927-1930 (Acknowledgment published).
2. Shuster, E.W, Simulating Warehouse Costs: A Spreadsheet Application, Production and Inventory Management, 1987.
Industry Consulting with Student Involvement (Partial List)
General Electric Co., (Frank W. Dewolf, MBA) Developed two Special Topics Courses: Master Planning and Forecasting. The second Special Topics Course: Material Requirements Planning and Just-In-Time Integration resulted in joint research paper of the same title.
General Electric Co., (Lawrence T. Monocello). I developed a Special Topics Course: APICS Master Scheduling and was a consultant for that paper.
National Fuel Gas, (referred by Henry L. Martin, engineer, MBA). Wrote the Paper, Busy Signal Analysis, which allowed the company to develop gas meter reading via phone lines.
National Fuel Gas, (referred by Henry L. Martin, engineer, MBA). Wrote the Paper, Regression Analysis, which analyzed seasonal fuel line breaks.
Hamot Hospital, (referred by Dr. Kelley, MBA). Cost Analysis of a Satellite Pharmacy,
American Journal of Hospital Pharmacists. Acknowledgment of my assistance on this paper was published.
Welch Foods (referred by E. Shuster, MBA). Simulating Warehouse Costs: A Spreadsheet Application, Production and Inventory Management. I served as a consultant on this paper.
Jane M. Earll (Atty., State Senator, referred by J. Onorato, Atty, MBA). I provided testimony as an Expert in a legal case.
G. Uht (Uht Baseball Stadium, referred by J. Slater, MBA). I developed and wrote software to provide Employee Scheduling for his company, Professional Communications Messaging service.
Gannon University Service.
Organized Fulbright Seminar at Gannon University, 2011.
Faculty Senate President 2010.
Faculty Senate Vice President 2009.
MBA Director, 2002-2005.
Chairman, Risk Management Program, 1998-2002.
Compensation Committee (3 yrs.)
College Rank and Tenure Committee (6 yrs.)
Erie Kiwanis Club guest lecturer (2001).
Keynote Speaker at the Society of Financial Professionals Annual Meeting, (1999).
Liberal Studies Conversation Group (1997).
Faculty Research Committee (1993-1995).
DSBA Program Review Task Force (1993-1994).
Performance Appraisal Process Committee (1994).
DSBA Computer Steering Committee (1994).
Library Automation Task Force (1993).
Computer Resource Committee (1990-1991).
Research and Professional Development Committee (1990-1991).
Self-Study Task Force - University Relations (1991).
Faculty Senate (1983-1985).