Registering for Classes

  • How do I register as an incoming freshman?

    Freshman course registrations are processed by the Registrar’s Office during their first semester of attendance at Gannon University. The Registrar’s Office composes the course registrations based on the typical first semester sequence of courses for each student’s major or program. In some cases, members of the Freshman class will receive course credit for Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate exams, Articulation agreements, or courses taken at a previous College or University. If this occurs, the Registrar’s Office will adjust the student’s schedule accordingly.

    How do I register as a transfer student?

    Transfer student course registrations are processed in coordination with the student and their Chair, Program Director or Academic Dean and the Registrar’s Office. An evaluation of all transfer credits are conducted by the Dean’s Office and shared with the Chair or Program Director. This evaluation helps determine what remaining courses the transfer student should register for during the upcoming semester. The Registrar’s Office processes each transfer student schedule based on the course recommendations from the Chair, Program Director or Academic Dean.